Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

Quiet Title Action

A unreleased loan showed up at closing of our house. We all agree the loan is so old it has to be paid off. However, the lender it is with is out of business.

We want to bring a Quiet Title Action so we can get the trust released WITHOUT PAYING an attorney.

My mother needs the money for her nursing home costs.

Asked on 5/19/01, 11:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn R. Tankersley Regency Legal Clinic

Re: Quiet Title Action

Okay, what's your question?

If I had to speculate, and I guess I do, I'd say it was:

How can I get through a complicated real estate suit without getting any legal help?

The answer is:

You can't, unless you are a near genius and are prepared to devote a substantial portion of your life to finding out how.

Maybe you could go to law school. But, take it from one who has, hiring a good real estate lawyer is considerably less expensive than that.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/01, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia