Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

quit claim deed. How do I go about doing a quit claim deed? Is a lawyer needed?

Asked on 6/10/13, 7:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

All owners on the current deed need to convey their respective interests in the subject property by signing the quitclaim and conveying these interests to the one or more individuals who are intended to be the beneficiaries of this conveyance which then needs to be recorded in the land records section of the circuit court where the property is located.

Best to arrange for the services of a real estate attorney with

experience in these transactions to make sure that it's done right.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/13, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia