Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

If you sign for a check received for property damage and later find additional problems associated with the original problem, can you pursue additional compensation. Signing for the the initial check had a clause claiming no further responsibility. There is definite proof the damages are associated. We did not cash the check yet.

Asked on 3/07/16, 11:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If the check has not yet been endorsed and presented for payment, then you should not be bound by the referenced clause (my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 3/07/16, 2:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia