Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

How do I get a right of way terminated. Its old and no one has reason to come across since it leads no where but to my land. Neighbors think its a parking spot they have the right to use. They have big trucks in my backyard.

Asked on 8/11/13, 6:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You must first determine how this particular "right of way" across your

property came to be in the first place which might require your

going back into the lands records division of the local circuit court

to research prior deeds to your property as well as the properties adjoining it to determine when this easement/right of way first appears in the land records and under what circumstances.

An attorney who handles real property law matters should then be able to advise you as to what may need to be done to extinguish this right of way across your land which apparently now has become a nuisance to you and may even be interfering with your basic right to the quiet enjoyment of your property.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia