Legal Question in Tax Law in Virginia

I have been separated for eleven years. Do I owe my husbands unpaid federal taxes? He was a fruitcake, lived with him for six years--until 2000. I haven't gotten my divorce because of financial reasons, and I live ten hours away from where I would have to file. Children grown, no marital property, I gave him all, and left.

Asked on 1/12/11, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, you do not if the period involved is after the year 2000 when you separated and you should make that plain to the IRS if they attempt to send you a bill for his taxes.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/11, 8:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Virginia