Legal Question in Traffic Law in Virginia

State: Virginia

I was found to be driving at 83 MPH in a 70 MPH zone; the state trooper that issued the citation cut me a break and cited me for speeding at 80/70 (Driving over 80 MPH in Virginia is misdemeanor reckless driving). I'd like to go to court to try and lessen the charge. Is it possible for the prosecutor to amend the charge to reckless from speeding? If so, how likely is it?

Asked on 10/10/13, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, it's possible but not too likely (in my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Virginia