Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

I was in my grandmothers will that her house be split between my 2 brothers and myself. My brothers took it to court to have me removed. The reason was I am living in Australia. Can they legally do that? I didn't know they did it till after it was done by mail. Thank you

Asked on 10/30/13, 6:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Can they (your brothers) "legally do that", you inquire? Well, of course, they can, if it's already happened. The real question that now needs to be answered would seem to be whether this action could now be challenged after the fact or set aside (for any number of reasons) but for which there are insufficient relevant

facts offered in the question on which to now base an opinion

on the matter (in my judgment).

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia