Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

My husband of 10 years was killed in car accident and left $100,000 to his niece whom he was having an affair with. What are my options? We were living together and no children.

Asked on 10/28/17, 8:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul B. Ward Law Offices of Paul B. Ward

A spouse has certain rights to claim a portion of the deceased spouse’s estate; the portion is a fraction of the so-called “augmented estate”. Since this is an arcane section of the Virginia Code, you will need to consult an attorney in your area who is familiar with estate claims to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/17, 5:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia