Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

my mother died recently and left no will. her house was to be left in equal shares to my brothers and me. in the commonwealth of virginia, how do i establish legal claim to my share of her house

Asked on 5/25/17, 3:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You and your siblings need to complete a valid Virginia Affidavit of Heirship with all the

required information which then needs to be properly recorded in the Land Records division of the

circuit court in the city or county where this property is located.

Read more
Answered on 5/26/17, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia