Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

I am my mother's POA. She is currently in a nursing home, i am receiving financial documents from the nursing home asking about who's paying for her stay. Do I sign these doc's and will I be financially

responsible for her debt?

Asked on 1/04/18, 4:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Assuming that you have the general/durable type of POA, then you should be able to sign these

papers for your mother, and no, you should not be financially responsible for the nursing home bills unless

you've specifically agreed to such an arrangement in writing.

Office Tel.. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 1/04/18, 9:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia