Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Changing schools

I share joint custody of my 16 year old daughter with my ex. My daughter wants to transfer to a different school in the same town because of limited opportunities and curriculum at her current school, it's small, my ex doesn't think it's necessary and is against her transfer. Can I go ahead with the transfer since it's my daughters choice? She is driving or can hitch a ride with classmates so he wouldn't be inconvenienced in that way.

Asked on 6/05/03, 1:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lori Wheat Lori L. Wheat, Attorney at Law

Re: Changing schools

A review of the Parenting Plan is necessary to ascertain each parent's rights and responsibilities in relation to the child.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/03, 7:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington