Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington

illegal tree cutting

my neighbor tresspassed on my property, cut down 2 of my trees and stole the wood. What recourse do I have?

Asked on 3/09/07, 10:55 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Matthew King Wershow & Ritter, Inc. P.S.

Re: illegal tree cutting

You have a claim for "Timber Trespass." Washington law allows you to recover (1) the replacement costs for the trees, (2) treble damages, and (3) attorneys fees.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this matter with you in more detail.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/07, 11:11 am

Elizabeth Powell ELizabeth Powell PS Inc

Re: illegal tree cutting

Mr. King said exactly what I would have said.

Elizabeth Powell

Read more
Answered on 3/09/07, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington