Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

have not made an estate . asset recovery company has shares of common stock of deceased parents. will sell stock for 33 percent of value. will i get the sum of the sale, or will it go to the estate(only child, and believe will(s) are lost.....

Asked on 6/16/10, 9:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ann Sattler Aiken, St. Louis & Siljeg, P.S.

I'm not sure I follow your question but if your parents had stock that is being sold and no wills, then the proceeds will go into the probate estate and then be used to pay creditors and then any remaining amount would be paid to their heirs at law.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/10, 4:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington