Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

I need a new mom

I have a vwery bad situation going on. mym mom has been mentally ill for quite some time now, and it is very difficult for me to live with her. her doctor told her that i shouldn't be living with her, and she doesn't agree. it's hard to live with a crazy person. In my mom's will she leaves me with a lady name Myrna. she's been like my second mom ever since i was born. i want her to be my mom right now. i want it to be leagal. i don't feel like i ever want my real mom to take care of me again. how can we make this legal without involving CPS, if we don't have my mom's cooperation? Please help. Oh, and i'm 16.

Asked on 5/30/03, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lori Wheat Lori L. Wheat, Attorney at Law

Re: I need a new mom

Because you are sixteen years of age or older, you may petition the court to emancipate you. The court has the discretion whether to grant the request. I wish you the best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/03, 6:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington