Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Washington


I recently sent in a question (5 min ago), and accidently sent it with the incorrect email address of mine. I tried to re send it with the correct email, and it told me it was a duplicate letter, and could not be accepted within 15 days. It is regarding my husband and his anger with me in signing up his name online to transfer debt to a joint account with me. Please look for it and respond to it with my correct email on this questionairre on line. This is critical I get some advice on this situation. My husband says he filed fraudulent charges with the company. I assuming since we are married and it was debt incurred to pay for family expenses, he should have no problem with me trasferring it with zero interest to save hundreds of dollars in interest. Plus, he is unemployed, and refuses to work so I have been forced to use other means (credit card) to pay for expenses. Thank you!

Asked on 2/26/07, 10:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elizabeth Powell ELizabeth Powell PS Inc

Re: debt

I just answered the question you posed earlier, I think. Please look for the answer.

You are correct that there is a family expense statute and a duty to support one's family.

Sounds like your husband may be having some anger management issues. Don't be afraid to contact your county's facilitator for assistance with that issue.


Read more
Answered on 2/26/07, 11:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Washington