Legal Question in Criminal Law in Washington

I don’t really even have a penny to my name... getting ready to go thru a divorce and filed bankruptcy..... however made a dumb choice and got caught shoplifting at Walmart.... it was less then $150.. I have a clean record not even a speeding ticket.... do I have any options?

Asked on 8/21/19, 8:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

Definitely. Most important, show up for any court dates. Most courts offer some kind of diversion program, where you stay out of trouble and can get the case dismissed from your record. The law also allows cases like that to be settled through 'compromise'. That means if you pay the store back for any damages they claim, and if they agree to it, the judge can dismiss the case immediately. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/19, 12:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Washington