Legal Question in Criminal Law in Washington

can you "withdrawl" a guilty plea after your differed sentance was revoked?

Asked on 8/23/13, 10:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

Probably not. If you are talking about the "deferred" sentence law, it allows the judge to defer sentence after conviction. RCW 3.66.067.

So, if the deferred is revoked, a conviction has already been entered, and likely cannot be withdrawn. The court rules do allow for withdrawl of a guilty plea, but only under pretty extraordinary circumstances, and almost never if the plea was more than 12 months ago.

You should probably talk to the lawyer who represented you, or another lawyer who practices in that court.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Washington