Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

My daugter stays with her dad because that is what we had agreed to. He only lets me see her when he feels is convinient, or when he feels like it. To be able to see her and have a set visitation to see her do i have to file a parenting plan to take him to court, or can i just take him to court with out filing a parenting plan?

Asked on 5/07/18, 6:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Janal Rich Law Office of Janal M. Rich, pllc

You will need to file a petition to establish a residential schedule to have the court decide on a parenting plan. This will require that you file a summons, petition to establish a residential schedule and a proposed parenting plan. If the father is not on the birth certificate, you will need to file a Petition to Establish Paternity (along with a proposed parenting plan).

Read more
Answered on 5/16/18, 10:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington