Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

my son and I were living with my mother for the past 3 years I recently got married and when I went to pick up my son my mother filed a restraing order against me and will not let me take my son what can I do

Asked on 6/19/15, 9:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Mogren Mogren, Glessner & Ahrens, P.S.

You need to go to the court that issued the restraining order. Most likely the papers have a hearing already set up to take place in the next couple weeks. You need to respond to the allegations she has raised in support of the intial restraing order that was issued. I would suggest talking to an attorney directly to know how to respond, both procedurally and substantively.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/15, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington