Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Washington

If you write a letter to a company that has given you bad service, can you threaten to give them bad publicity?

Asked on 3/05/16, 6:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Anderson Mark Anderson, Attorney at Law, PLLC

You have a right to give your opinion. It is protected speech. However, you do not want to slander and say false things. It may subject you to liability. You want to make sure it is your opinion and not false or slanderous. You can file a BBB complaint. I hope this answers your question.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/16, 6:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Washington