Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I am currently 16 years old, I was born in Mexico and brought here to the US illegally. at age 1 or 2. I went back to Mexico because my dad got deported in 2011. Entered illegally again a year later , in 2012. Is there anyway I can apply for Daca?

Asked on 6/28/15, 8:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

It does not appear that you are eligible, as DACA requires your last entry to be on/before January 1, 2010 (see below):

 Children who entered the United States (without inspection, or lawful immigration expired) on/before January 1, 2010 AND who were age 15 or under at that time;

 Have continuously resided in the United States since January 1, 2010;

 Are currently in school, or have graduated with a diploma or a certificate or completion, or have a GED, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or Coast Guard;

 Have not been convicted of a felony, “significant” misdemeanor, or 3+ “non-significant” misdemeanors AND do not pose a threat to the United States.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/15, 10:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington