Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

re entry after deportation

well im a USC but my fiance was deported to bosnia about 6 months ago, he lived in the states for 12 years and was deported for an aggrivated felony. It is really hard for him in bosnia and he wishes to return to the states which both of his parents live. It is really hard on his parents also, because they dont speak any english and have health problems and now since he was deported it has been hard on them, he use to take care of them with english and health. plus its hard for me, i cant move back to bosnia because of the hardship, not only because of my parents in the US but Bosnia after the war is not the same. he was deported for 10 years is there anyway he could re enter the USA earlier?

Asked on 4/08/08, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Prior Pacific Law, Inc., P.S.

Re: re entry after deportation

An immigration attorney should review the entire immigration record and the record of conviction in the state. I don't recall a 10 year wait for an aggravated felony; I recall a permanent bar from entering the United States. So it is crucial to reexamin the records for errors or to look at post-conviction relief. You can view a sample of a motion for post conviction relief at (a free service) at end103. Glen

Read more
Answered on 4/08/08, 1:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington