Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I'm gay and new resident in the USA since 2 months. I have boyfriend in Turkey.His nationality is Turkish. He's going to come to the USA and want to be legal resident here. My question is: Can he take the resident permit after we get married here in the STATES ? by the way, I haven't take the green card yet. I'm supposed to take it after 10 months. so, if it's possible for him to be a resident legally after getting married, is it work before I take the green card ? or I should take the green card first , marry and submit for the resident permit for him ..? I'm Iraqi and live in Seattle WA.

I really will be thankful and grateful for you if you answer me with some details.

Asked on 3/30/14, 11:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I am not sure what you mean by "you are supposed to take it (the greencard) after 10 months". Who is petitioning you? Has your underlying immigrant visa petition (I-130 or I-140) been approved yet? Have you filed for adjustment of status yet? What category are you in? What is your priority date? What is your current non-immigrant visa status in the United States?

Without knowing your situation first, I cannot answer any questions regarding a derivative spouse.

Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/14, 1:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington