Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

In Law Sponsorship

If my income is not high enough to meet immigration guidelines, can my parents co-sponsor my fiance after we get married? And can we use my fiance's business assets (he owns the company) to help make up any difference, or do I need to co-own the company?


Asked on 1/21/08, 10:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahmina Watson Watson Immigration Law, LLC

Re: In Law Sponsorship

Your parents can be co-sponsors so long as they meet the poverty guidelines as well. They will have to complete a separate I-864 and show their most recent tax returns. This is often the easiest solution.

Your fiance's assets can also be used. You do not to need to co-own. The assets must be such that can be coverted into cash within one year.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to call me or make an appointment.



Read more
Answered on 1/21/08, 10:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington