Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

landlord being forced to move out with no pay

Hello I have a issue , I have been managing South HIll Heights in Spokane Washington for 2 and a half years now and in the last two weeks new owners have bought the complex. My boss promised in writing 6 months severance pay , to help me move my family and be out in the 2 week period. My boss and former owner now is refusing to pay all the severance and the new owners are forcing me to move out in 2 days and shutting off my power. I have taken care of this complex well and through no fault of my own have now been forced out of my home with nothing , can the new owners do this ??? I was employed under the table unknowingly and cannot file taxes , I have been underpaid as well 3.50 /hour when the washington minimum wage is 8.50. As well as not having medical benefits or cannot collect unemployment due to my boss's under the table paying me . What can I do or say to get him to pay , what legal action can I take ?? Please respond I need help

Asked on 12/30/08, 9:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Douglas Reiser Reiser Legal, LLC

Re: landlord being forced to move out with no pay

If you have a contract with someone, that contract can be enforced through a legal action. Your employment issue is more difficult to answer and if you intend to pursue some action for wages you will want to consult an employment attorney.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/08, 11:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington