Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

Hi. A few months ago, my apartment landlord illegally changed my locks and put a "belief of abandonment" notice on my door. My rent was pd in full (I have a receipt) in fact, I had another 2 wks b4 rent was due again. I went camping and was only gone 4 Days. That'sThen when she, without talking to police, decided to lock me out of my apt. Then, after the month was up, she took all my personal belongings, including important papers, bible, photos etc and threw in dumpster without notifying me. I'm still suffering the effects of being locked out. I've had to live with various friends for the last several months. I have medical problems that were made worse because of this. How can I file a claim with no money and what am I entitled to? Please help! Thx, Christina

Asked on 8/15/15, 5:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Baner Baner & Baner

Small claims court is made for these sorts of things (usually).

Read more
Answered on 8/15/15, 11:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington