Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

If I rent a house can I rent a room out of that house?

Asked on 6/19/12, 6:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Steuart IT Forensics, Inc.

That would depend on the terms of the lease/rental agreement. Generally, unless the terms of the lease/rental agreement prohibit subleasing, you can do it. I can imagine a condition that may prevent your renting a room, would be the configuration of the space and local zoning laws.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/12, 9:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington