Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

I am interested in filing a lawsuit against my local Sheriff's department. About 8-10 months ago i made a report with them about an attempted molestation of my 2 year old daughter. No one investigated anything. They just moved on as if nothing even happened. The person responsible committed another sex crime 6 months later and was arrested for it but they aren't doing anything about my report. Can i file a lawsuit and if so how much of a headache will it be to sue them?

Asked on 7/09/12, 12:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sam Hochberg Sam Hochberg & Associates

I'd get in touch with a civil rights lawyer. Your local ACLU can probably refer you, or your bar association. Here in Portland, I'd refer you to M. Christian (Chris) Bottoms at [email protected] , or David Park, at [email protected] . I'm not sure if either is licensed for Federal Court in Washington, but if not, perhaps they can refer you. Or, you might ask Marty Fox, a long-time veteran personal injury lawyer and trial lawyer in Seattle. He's at [email protected] . Good luck to you,


Read more
Answered on 7/09/12, 3:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington