Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

Restaurant / struck by a TV

I was recently struck by a falling big screen tv that was not secured on its shelf at a local bar. It hospitalized me for 4 days and I am not able to work. Do I have a case? Can I get lost wages? The restaurant is insured and the adjuster has been calling trying to get in contact with me.

Asked on 12/31/08, 9:50 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Davis Davis Law Group, P.S.

Re: Restaurant / struck by a TV

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town visiting family for the holidays.

Yes, you appear to have a case which means you can recover your lost wages, medical expense, other incidentals and compensation for pain and suffering.

I have handled two similar cases in the past 3 years. You will want an attorney who is experienced in personal injury matters. My office specializes in this area of the law.

I have also published three books to help accident victims. I offer these free to Washington state citizens. You will want to read my first book, The Ten Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Washington Accident Case, before you hire a lawyer or talk to the insurance company.

If we do not meet or speak to each other, please accept my wishes for a speedy recovery.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/09, 3:28 pm
John Greaney Greaney Law Firm, PLLC

Re: Restaurant / struck by a TV

Yes, you can get lost wages, medical damages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Frankly, it is want you are entitled to as compensation for their negligence. Call me or my staff (Beth or Christina) promptly for a free consult- we are in today. Time is of the essence for several resaons - to preserve the evidence of the occurrence before it is discarded or destroyed by the owners or manager, to begin the investigation into the negligence of the Restaurant, and more. We do serious premises liability cases.

John Greaney

Read more
Answered on 1/02/09, 1:58 pm
Robert Kornfeld Robert B Kornfeld, Attorney at Law, Inc., P.S.

Re: Restaurant / struck by a TV


I can help you.

To answer your questions, yes you can get your medical bills paid and your wage loss plus general damages for your personal injuries.

I can explain more. Feel free to contact me after the first of the year and make sure you get photos of your injuries.

I work on a contingency fee and you pay nothing unless I collect. I have been doing this nearly thirty years.

Just click on my site to learn about me.

I handle cases all over Washington.

Rob Kornfeld

Read more
Answered on 12/31/08, 9:53 pm
Ryan Nute Myers & Company, P.L.L.C.

Re: Restaurant / struck by a TV

We handled a similar case for a woman who had a display fall on her at a coffee shop. Feel free to give me a call.


206.398.1188 ext. 104

Read more
Answered on 12/31/08, 10:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington