Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

Washington State

I was injured in a car accident a year ago in the county I was living in at the time. I have moved to a different part of the state. Should I get an attorney where the accident occurred or should I get one where I live now?

Asked on 11/16/15, 7:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

For purposes of representing you, you can use an attorney anywhere in the state, but should consider a couple of things.

You may have to meet with your attorney a number of times, depending on the complexity of the case. Having them nearby may be valuable to you. In simpler cases, you may be able to do almost everything by phone / email / fax.

On the other hand, if your lawyer winds up filing a lawsuit, you want the attorney to be in (or near) the county where the crash happened, as that's where all the court process will be held. You don't want to pay extra, or have your case delayed, because the lawyer's office is hours away from the courthouse where the trial happens.

Call a lawyer and get an opinion; knowing the facts of your case, we can give a much better prediction of what you need.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/15, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington