Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington

wage garnishment

I won a judgement. I'd like to garnish their wages. how do i do it?

Asked on 6/28/09, 7:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Douglas Reiser Reiser Legal, LLC

Re: wage garnishment

You can have an attorney assist you in filing a writ of garnishment in the event that you already have the bank account or employer information.

Otherwise, you will need to perform an Examination of Judgment Debtor to learn this information. You can also send Interrogatories to a bank or to the debtor's employer during this process in order to learn more about the debtor's finances.

Once you have located assets, you can garnish them by filing for a writ with the superior court in the County where assets (or bank) is located.

You should contact a collections attorney in order to discuss what might be most cost-effective for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/09, 12:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington