Legal Question in Traffic Law in Washington

I was stopped for a traffic offense and without a license or permit. What happens to me now, will it go on my permanent record? Will it hinder me from being able to get my license in the near future and if so, for how long do you think?Also I've got a court date, should I plead not guilty or guilty?

Asked on 8/17/13, 11:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

When you appear in court on a criminal traffic case, the court will provide a public defender there to answer your questions. Assuming you are charged with a 'minor' offense, such as driving without license on person or while suspended, most courts offer some kind of resolution that does not involve jail or a conviction. That is particularly true if you go to DOL and get a valid license as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Washington