Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

I am dealing with a problem having to do with the trustees of my mother's estate/will. They are making up tedious rules and regulations that are not stated anywhere in the will, and are now going to the extremes of making up rules and requirements for me to receive my cash distributions which at the earliest age is 30 years, I am now 22. They have always provided me with education and healthcare but now will not provide anything for me because I failed a course in school, nothing in the will states anything whatsoever about me being even required to go to school. I am a college student, and a mother, looking for work, who just wants this stress to end. The worst part is, I have been asking for an annual report/accounting with receipts for 2 years and still have not gotten one, and my aunt (The executor/one of the three trustees) has admitted to using around $16,000.00 for her "work" that she will not show any proof or documentation of. Please help!!!

Asked on 8/26/10, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

Sometimes past events, especially where relatives are involved, can cloud the meaning of unrelated issues. Often, getting an advocate (lawyer) involved can help to re-frame issues and get answers so more intrusive action is not required.

What all this means in your situation is that your aunt does not appear to give you any credibility or respect your rights. Having a lawyer make the same requests for you generally gets more attention and positive results.

I have 35 years of estate and trust legal experience and yours is not an uncommon situation.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/10, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington