Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

My husband's mother recently died in Oregon. They have been estranged for many years. His mother has family in Greece. She died with relationships and arguments unresolved. His mother's brother, he lives in Greece, is heartbroken due to her death. His mother has a substantial estate worth millions of dollars. Also his mother might have a common law husband. His sister, has been estranged from him, as well. My husband tried to talk to his sister but has refused. My husband is afraid his sister will raid her motherís home of her valuables and will not probate the estate. Is raiding her motherís home and even the safe deposit box even allowed since my husband lives in Washington state? Can my husband begin probating the estate, ask the inventory of the wills, trusts, amendments, codicils before his sister?

Asked on 12/15/15, 7:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

I am certain that there is a good way to answer your question to help you protect your interests, but your questions contain so many pronouns ("he" & "she" ) that I have trouble understanding it. If you could replace the pronouns with more specific terms, for example replace "his mother's brother" with "uncle #1" or add a first name, it may be easier to understand and to offer some assistance. My email address is cruiklaw (at) gmail,com.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/15, 9:13 am
Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.

If the mother was an Oregon resident, your husband needs to get an Oregon probate lawyer - NOW!!

Read more
Answered on 12/16/15, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington