Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

If the original Will and Power of Attorney documents are missing can copies be used to execute the will and Power of Attorney documents?

Asked on 8/25/16, 1:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

That takes a trip to the judge accompanied by the proper evidence of how the originals went missing. It that is satisfactory, the court will accept a copy of the will for probate. As to the power of attorney, it all depends on the above,plus its purpose and to whom it needs to be submitted.

Charlie Cruikshank

Read more
Answered on 8/25/16, 1:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington