Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

I am ready to close the estate of a decedent in WA. state. Can I give notice of this through a news paper, in the form of Intent to close Estate of listing to all parties involved, creditors ect.

Asked on 7/21/13, 6:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

Two (possible) different way to close: 1) Mailed notice to beneficiaries/heirs 30 days in advance of closing date and advising of right to get full accounting (accounting is waived if not elected by beneficiaries/heirs) or 2) Notice with accounting included. The first option is by far the most prevalent. Obviously, the cost of the accounting is borne by the estate and therefore by the beneficiaries/heirs, so if they think everything is reasonable, usually a full accounting can be avoided.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 7:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington