Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

My wifeís parents died several years ago, and her sister was appointed executer of the estate by the court here in WA. No will. The problem is that her older brother has taken residence in their parentís house, and has no plans on moving out. Dose my sister in law who is the executer have any legal powers to get her brother kicked out of the house?

Asked on 5/08/10, 7:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ann Sattler Aiken, St. Louis & Siljeg, P.S.

Yes, the administrator of the estate (your sister-in-law) has the authority to remove the brother from the house if she was given certain powers by the court when being appointed. It would be advisable for her to hire an attorney to asist with the procedure of asking the court for permission to act to get the brother out of the house. We regulalry work in these areas if you need further asistance or would like to pass along my name to your sister-in-law.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/10, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington