Legal Question in Workers Comp in Washington

work place injury workplace

my wife was hurt at her work at a nursing home when a patient violently pushed her into a wall two years ago. she is covered by workman's comp. But can I sue him or the facility for my loss of her wages and for my pain and suffering?

also. her shoulder injury from the above, was fixed. then she went to a physical therapist who made it ''pop'' and she has been in pain ever since. the surgeon says there is nothing wrong, ie the pop was nothing. however, in addition to the pain she suffered a decrease in mobility. the surgeon says keep going to PT. the pt says it was only scar tissue. her surgery was to cut, then re-attach a tendon in her shoulder. how can we get the surgeon to go back in and look with an orthoscope when he doesnt want to? thanks.

Asked on 1/30/07, 2:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Bryan Paul W. Bryan, Attorney at Law

Re: work place injury workplace

The workers comp statute will not let you sue - it is your sole remedy. You may want to get an opinion from another doc on the shoulder. It sounds like you have some impairment issues too. Don't let the claim close untl you get a consult from a lawyer, which we can do if you like.

Yours truly,


Read more
Answered on 1/31/07, 3:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Washington