Legal Question in Personal Injury in Wisconsin

My mom slipped on ice at the doctor's office and broke her hip. If we file a lawsuit against that office, will she have to meet with attorneys and give her side of the story? The doctor's office admitted responsibility and even told us as a family there would be no charges for her hip replacement. They then sent the claim to Medicare and her insurance. We do not think Medicare and her insurance should have to pay and we think she should be compensated for her pain and suffering, but we do not want to put her through the stress of meetings with multiple attorneys/insurance people.

Asked on 4/02/13, 12:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Pitman Pitman, Kyle, Sicula & Dentice, S.C.

I'm sorry to hear about you mom's injury. Your question is a broad question. First, I wouldn't recommend pursuing a claim without an attorney. The doctor and his lawyer would have the complete advantage. You do not want your mom talking to anyone other than her own lawyer about what happened. The only meeting she should have is with the attorney who she hires to represent her.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 12:30 pm
Michael End End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC

Jeff Pitman's advice is absolutely correct. Your mother should get a lawyer to protect her interests.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Wisconsin