Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Wisconsin

I'm going to be filling for bankruptcy soon. I live in the state of Wisconsin. I get a big tax refund of around 9000 dollars. Can the trustee take.some or all of it?

Asked on 1/18/18, 9:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

If you qualify for federal exemptions, your lawyer can claim cash or any other asset up to around $(K as exempt, assuming that you do not have too much equity in your house. Talk to your lawyers about the details.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, nor make your information confidential, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see my past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers are not intended as legal advice, may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in public attorney advertising materials, unless you request otherwise. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege. .

Read more
Answered on 2/04/18, 5:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Wisconsin