Legal Question in Consumer Law in Wisconsin

Dear Dr. Jay K. Nixon:

This is the person who e-mailed you last week about being banned from certain McDonald's restaurants in the area. I wanted to let you know that I was banned because as I was walking by a certain McDonald's, one of its employees noticed that I was putting my hands near my stomach. I was not doing anything wrong, nor was I trying to do so. The employee just thought that because of where my hands were, that I was making sexual actions. That is NOT true. My hands were in a safe area. I was arrested on the scene for disorderly conduct, but that charge was dropped. However, I was given a lifetime ban from all McDonald's owned by the franchise of the location where this occurred. They are located throughout parts of WI, MN, and IA. I called them to see if they would lift it because the charge was dropped, and they did not. They also told me not to contact them again, or they would arrest me for harassment. I would just like this ban lifted because I did absolutely nothing wrong. Could you please help me?

Thank you,

Asked on 8/25/15, 4:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

You should seriously consider leaving well enough alone and going to other fast food establishments instead, since you may have voluntarily agreed to abide by the ban from their property, in return for their request to dismiss the sexual misconduct charges against you. Your continuing to post things on public websites is only likely to do get other fast food establishments to get on the same bandwagon and ban you from their establishments as well. If caught on site, you risk re-filing of the previous indecency type charges, with potential impact on you for the rest of your such as sex offender registration, and difficulty finding housing for yourself.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at See 15 years of past answers at . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials. .

Read more
Answered on 8/27/15, 5:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Wisconsin