Legal Question in Consumer Law in Wisconsin

Failure to provide warranty service

I purchased a custom built laptop computer online/over the phone from a company in Wisconsin while I live in Nebraska. With it, I also purchased a three year warranty. I've had the laptop for 3 months now, and have had constant problems with both the hardware and the software. The compnay I bought it from is not responding to my requests for service. Can I sue for a refund? If I get it repaired myself, can I sue for what it costs me? What other options do I have?

Thanks in advance for the help

Asked on 8/28/08, 5:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: Failure to provide warranty service

Filing suit would be an option. That doesn't mean it would be your best choice. A lawsuit is a legal battle, a fight. You may win or you may lose. In any event, it is very likely to be expensive and frustrating. This case would have additional complications because you live in Nebraska while they are located in Wisconsin.

You would need to pay an attorney to research and evaluate the strength of your case before you make a decision to file suit. Your other option is to accept the loss on this purchase and be more careful with future purchases.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/08, 11:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Wisconsin