Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

I have a 7 yr old judgement I tried negotiating with party they refused. I have a loin on my property can I take this to court to try to get settled for a lesser amount and satisfied. I live in Milwaukee wisc

Asked on 4/01/17, 9:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

If you have a normal judgment lien, your attorney can get it removed following a successful bankruptcy filing, assuming that it is not for taxes due or for some other nondischargeable debt, and assuming that you do not have too much equity in your home to successfully claim your homestead as exempt.

This answer is not legal advice. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. See also

Read more
Answered on 4/02/17, 6:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin