Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

What recourse do I have regarding restitution when someone gets a discoverer credit card in my name and withdraws cash from my credit union account?

Asked on 8/15/18, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Identity theft is a crime which is routinely prosecuted, so if you have been a victim of it, you should file a complaint with law enforcement in the city or county where it occurred. The same is true for forgery, which probably would have been done to you in order to withdraw the money from your account.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, nor make your information confidential, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can see my past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at , or Answers are not intended as legal advice, may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in public attorney advertising materials, unless you request otherwise. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/18, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin