Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

I was charged with disorderly conduct back in july and the police officer messed up my address on the ticket. Even though he had my liscence. They added more charges against me that I was never informed of until today when I was in the hospital for a car accident I had to sign a PR bond to leave or they would have taken me to jail. Can I fight this since the police officer messed up the ticket?

Asked on 9/04/13, 9:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

An error on the address of the citation does not invalidate the charge. It may always be amended.

Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin