Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

I am fifteen, I have a court date for the 31st for truancy and my mom has to represent me. She has a warrant and tickets because of my truancy, will she go to jail if she represents me? Maybe I could represent myself. Or could my father, he lives in Kansas but could he still represent me if he came?

Asked on 1/15/17, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

You should call your local public defender's office to get your own attorney, free of charge, unless you own major assets. Your mom should not represent you since she is probably a witness against you, assuming that she tried to send you to school and you refused. Either way, you need your own attorney. Look under WI, state of, Office of the public defender, located in the county seat for your county.

You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at . Answers may both contain and be used in attorney advertising materials. Neither questions nor answers are subject to attorney client privilege and are instead public information openly available on the internet. .

Read more
Answered on 1/16/17, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin