Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Im on misdemeanor probation for 1 drug possession charge. With 30 days stayed. Im wondering how to lessen days in jail or dismissal of probation. I recently have seeked help for mental illness. And plan on moving to state were can get better help

Asked on 10/15/16, 1:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

There is usually no way to reduce an imposed and stayed sentence. Instead, you should follow the rules until your probation expires. If you self revoke, you will serve the entire 30 days, less good time of one day for every five if you cooperate with jail rules while there. If you are moving, you would be far better off doing so after all supervision expires. Probation transfers out of state do not usually occur in misdemeanor cases.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others . Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at . Answers may both contain and be used in attorney advertising materials. Neither questions nor answers are subject to attorney client privilege and are instead public information openly available on the internet.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/16, 4:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin