Legal Question in Education Law in Wisconsin

I have a strange situation. I was going to school 4 years ago for my bachelors degree. I thought I needed 1 class to get that degree and couldn't afford to take it because of running out of financial aid. I called the school the other day (7/17/2012) to find out what I needed to do in order to take that class next spring. They ran a report of my credits and discovered I should have graduated 4 years ago. I have received my diploma and transcripts since all of this came about but I am curious if I could potentially sue them since they should have caught the transfer class 4 years ago and I have not been able to get a job in my field due to lack of degree. I don't even know if I have a case. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Asked on 7/22/12, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maxwell Livingston Law Offices of Maxwell Charles Livingston

Wow! That's highly irregular. I'm not sure whether you have a case, but you can email if you want to discuss the matter with me.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/12, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Wisconsin