Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

My coworker has been married for 21 years. Her so called husband decided to retire 10 years ago. They have been living on her salary from one full time job and one part time job. She wants a legal separation and eventually a divorce. What can she do ??

Asked on 3/24/16, 6:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Kowalski Kowalski Family Law, LLC

She can file for legal separation, then convert it to a divorce later if she wishes. She may also wish to explore whether her husband can/should find employment to assist with support. It is unlikely that any judge would require her to continue to work two jobs. I suggest that she contact an experienced divorce attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/16, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin