Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

My daughter's father has been absent since she was born. She is 5 months old. He is trying to get primary physical placement of her and my question is how do I go about claiming abandonment on his behalf?

Asked on 1/15/14, 10:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Kowalski Kowalski Family Law, LLC

Abandonment would not necessarily be an option since it has only been 5 months. Usually abandonment requires a longer period. It appears that the father now wants custody and placement of your daughter. You should obtain a family child custody attorney to assist you in defending against that request. Particularly with infants, it is usually thought that they should be primarily placed with the person who provides most of their care (in this case, you).

Read more
Answered on 1/15/14, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin